Skip to main content

The Glow Up by A.M. Johnson

RB TGU Banner

Release Blitz, Excerpt & Giveaway:
The Glow Up
By A.M. Johnson

The Glow Up Cover

Franklin University Series, Book 5

Chris Delaney

I've promised myself that this was going to be the year to finally buckle down. I'm a junior, and I’ve settled on a major. I've got focus and determination. The one thing I haven't figured out yet? How to deal with the massive crush I've been harboring on the guy in study carrel six.

I don’t know his name and some of my friends think it’s time for me to move on, but he has this whole sexy, broody, dark eyes and messy hair thing going for him. And yeah, he seems like he could be my polar opposite. The kind of unapproachable, serious type who doesn’t smile much, but I’d like to think he’s all rays of sunshine underneath his stormy expressions and disheveled demeanor. All that intense energy… I dig it.

I want to know him.

The rub?

I’ll have to find the courage to actually introduce myself.

Aiden Russo

The college experience is supposed to be parties, drinking, and fun with a few classes mixed in. It sounds pretty amazing, right? For me, it turned out to be endless lectures, avalanches of homework, and copious amounts of caffeine. The study carrel might as well be my dorm room. And that guitar under my bed? It's got two years of dust growing on it. But this is the life I have to lead if I’m ever going to help my dad.

Pre-med isn’t for the weak.

The problem? Loneliness holds me hostage.

If only I could find someone willing to break through my ever-present cloud bank, and remind me what it’s like to have fun again.

Universal Link

Add to Goodreads

TGU Teaser 2


Excerpt:

CHRIS
 
Thick smoke curled from the joint’s tip as I held it to my lips. The cloudless sky overhead bore down on my exposed shoulders, baking my skin in the California sun. I frowned and stared at the sidewalk for the hundredth time in the last ten minutes from my perch on the rooftop of the science building.

“Shit…” I wheezed and sputtered, choking and waving away the exhaled smoke.

“Such a novice. Are we feeling dramatic today?” Tommy asked, and I decided he wasn’t the most supportive friend I’d ever had.

Tommy was the Tommiest of all the Toms with his perfectly styled deep side part, polo t-shirts, and his love for being the life of the party.

“I don’t usually smoke this shit. You know that.”

He rolled his eyes and took a smooth drag like it wasn’t dragon fire. “Edibles are for the weak.”

“Edibles are for people who’d rather not pollute their lungs. But thank you for sharing,” I said without much conviction as my eyes snagged on a guy coming up the path.

I sighed. It wasn’t him.

“He isn’t coming.” My shoulders slumped as I leaned back onto my elbows.  “My life is over.”

“Yup, definitely fucking dramatic.” He held his hand to my forehead, and I swatted it away. “Your obsession is starting to worry me, my friend.” Tommy licked his fingers and dashed out the joint. “This guy doesn’t even know you exist.”

“Yet.”

He laughed, his bloodshot eyes squinting in the sunlight as he stared at me. “Your optimism will be your downfall.”

“Thanks.” I sat up and pulled my legs from over the roof’s ledge. Standing, I wiped my hands on my jeans. “I better get back to work.”

“Don’t get mad at me, dude. I’m only speaking the truth. You’ve been salivating over this guy since freshman year, and you don’t even know his name. That’s kind of… weird.”

“One… I’m not mad.” I held up my fingers.  “Two… in my opinion, names are overrated. And three…  fuck you, I am not weird.”

TGU Teaser 1


Enter the Giveaway:

To celebrate this exciting release, Amanda is giving away an eBook and a Paperback of the winner's choice from A.M. Johnson's backlist!

Enter the Rafflecopter giveaway for your chance to win!

A Rafflecopter Giveaway

Direct Link: http://www.rafflecopter.com/rafl/display/cc0f2a57543/?

TGU Teaser 3


AM Johnson

About the Author:

Amanda is an award-winning and best selling author of LGBTQIA and contemporary romance and fiction. She lives in Utah with her family where she moonlights as a nurse on the weekends and hikes in the mountains as much as possible.

If she’s not busy with her three munchkins, you’ll find her buried in a book or behind the keyboard where she explores the human experience through the written word, exploring all spectrums and genres.

She's obsessed with all things Hockey, Austen, and Oreos, and loves to connect with readers!

Stay up to date by signing up for her newsletter here: http://bit.ly/NewsLetterAMJBooks

Connect with her Online
https://www.facebook.com/AMJOHNSONBOOKS/
Instagram @am_johnson_author

Connect with Amanda:
www.amjohnsonauthor.com
https://linktr.ee/am_johnson_author_
IG @am_johnson_author


grr-tours-promo


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

THE LONG JOURNEY TO YOU - VINCENT TRAUGHBER MEIS

NEW RELEASE Book Title:  The Long Journey to You Author: Vincent Traughber Meis Publisher: Spectrum Books Cover Artist: Vincent Meis and Andrew May Release Date: February 17, 2024 Genre: Contemporary M/M Romance, Literary Fiction Tropes: Age-gap relationship, friends to lovers Themes: Survival, overcoming tragedy Heat Rating: 3 flames        Length:  97 000 words/350 pages It can be read as a standalone, but the protagonist also appears in my novel, The Mayor of Oak Street (ages 12-21). The main story of this book takes place 40 years later and we find out what happened to him in flashbacks.  It does not end on a cliffhanger. Goodreads Buy Links -   Available in Kindle Unlimited Universal Link   |   Amazon US   |   Amazon UK Nathan’s traumatic past challenges but cannot stop the arc that brings him to Mateo. Blurb ...

AGAIN by MORGAN BRICE

AUDIOBOOK TOUR Book Title:  Again:  Fox Hollow Zodiac Book 2 Author: Morgan Brice Publisher: Tantor Narrator: John Solo Release Date: May 23, 2023 Genre: MM paranormal shifter romance, urban fantasy Tropes: one true pairing, fated mates, reincarnation Themes: found family, loyalty, friendship, love across lifetimes Heat Rating: 4 Flames     Length:  7 hours and  7 minutes It can be read as a standalone but it is also book 2 in the Fox Hollow Zodiac series. It does not end on a cliffhanger. Goodreads Buy Links Audible US   |   Audible UK  Amazon US   |   Amazon UK  The fast, furry, and furious! Blurb  Lynx shifter Noah Wilson narrowly escaped being captured by the Huntsman. While recuperating in Fox Hollow, he meets his fated mate, wolf shifter Drew Lowe. Noah has to return to Canada to finish filmin...

Guarding Axel, by Annabelle Jacobs

  𝐀 𝐬𝐢𝐥𝐯𝐞𝐫-𝐡𝐚𝐢𝐫𝐞𝐝 𝐟𝐚𝐞 𝐰𝐢𝐭𝐡 𝐚 𝐬𝐡𝐚𝐭𝐭𝐞𝐫𝐞𝐝 𝐡𝐞𝐚𝐫𝐭—𝐚 𝐠𝐫𝐞𝐞𝐧-𝐞𝐲𝐞𝐝 𝐬𝐡𝐢𝐟𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐰𝐢𝐭𝐡 𝐞𝐧𝐨𝐮𝐠𝐡 𝐥𝐨𝐯𝐞 𝐭𝐨 𝐡𝐞𝐚𝐥 𝐡𝐢𝐦   Guarding Axel (Dark Forest Pack #3) by Annabelle Jacobs is live and #FREE to read in KU! 📖 getbook.at/GuardingAxel   Join Axel and Talis in this MM paranormal romance featuring a protective shifter desperate for love, and a beautiful fae afraid to trust. Full of magic, suspense, and sizzling UST, with a guaranteed HEA.   ⭐ Shifter ⭐ Fae ⭐ Pining ⭐ Sizzling UST ⭐ Suspense ⭐ _ #GayRomanceReviews #GRR #AnnabelleJacobs #paranormal #shifters #fae #KindleUnlimited   Connect: FB: ajacobsfiction | IG: xxannabellejacobsxx | Tw: Ajacobs_fiction